Wednesday, June 10, 2009

This shot is from last weekend - Sunday June 7. We've had crazy thunderstorms several evenings this week, combined with sunny days. I just went out to check on the garden and it has already grown a ton in the few days since this picture. My gardening neighbor gave me one of her extra zucchini plants that I planted in the back patch on the right.

I hooked up the rain barrel (finally) this past Saturday and in just one of the storms, the barrel was filled to the brim. Can't wait to use it - now of course I want more rain barrels. That was one storm, water from just one of our 4 or 5 downspouts. It would be awesome to capture all of that!

Sunday afternoon, found that a 4" long rat snake had gotten caught in the deer netting and died (I think I unknowingly ran over it with my push mower!)
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment