Sunday, May 3, 2009

Everything Planted

Busy day yesterday. Got the back parcel planted and added one more tomato to the front parcel since I had run out of mesclun seeds so don't need as much space for them as I thought. Tomoato totals: 10 tomato plants - 3 better boy, 3 beefsteak, 2 cherry and 2 of my son's from school - no idea what those are!.

I also put down some straw as mulch. And I got the deer netting up on the posts. Actually went up really easily. Just stapled it to the posts and used landscaping fabric staples to anchor it to the ground. I've got the ground staples every 2 or 3 feet, so hopefully that is enough to keep the rabbits out. Still need to make a gate of some sort.

Got some rain last night. I don't have a rain gauge so can't tell how much. Tried to find a website online that shows historical rainfall for our area but quick search produced no results. I'll try more later. Having a garden does make you much more in tune to the weather and stragely makes you really appreciate rainy days.

No comments:

Post a Comment